A mobile phone tracker has become the latest indispensable tool in our private investigators tool kit.
It’s a piece of specialised software which is the best type of mobile phone tracker. This is not really surprising considering the data that passes through our mobile phones, nearly all of which connect to the internet. When using a mobile phone tracker to monitor a phone, the information we retrieve is stored on the internal memory, the SIM card or a removable memory storage device.
Why would you need us to install and monitor a mobile phone tracker?
Here are a few of the reasons that our previous clients have given us as private investigators:
- We can attempt to find a stolen phone. The GPS will enable us to locate the phone remotely. This can increase the chance of your mobile phone (and therefore your photos and information stored on it) being returned to you.
- To feel confident that you know where your child is. Unfortunately it can’t tell you who they are with at the time. It can however let you know what they are saying through social media, emails and text messages and to whom they are saying it.
- It can reassure you that your partner or spouse is where they say they are. This is especially useful in investigations to catch a cheating husband or wife.
- You can monitor your staff. This can be to make sure that they are only using the phone for work related business and not personal use, or even to check that they are in the location they are supposed to be in when they work outside of the office.
- It may help in attempting to find a missing person, especially if that person needs medication.
What is the evidence for the use of a mobile phone tracker?
The Mirror reported that a teacher actually found that having her husband use a mobile phone tracker on her phone. This was more of a practical help than a creepy intrusion. He had checked her phone and realised she had missed a payment. In another instance he was able to track her and let the friend she was on her way to meet know she was going to be late and give an updated ETA.
If you are considering using a mobile phone tracker, please contact our office and speak to us. We can then help you to choose the option that is best for your circumstances. We will also discuss the ethical and legal implications of your choice.